- READ THE EXTENDED RULES AND FAQ ON APPING. You MUST do this before proceeding. Done? Okay, now you can continue.
- Check to be sure apps are open. The community profile will be updated with this information the moment an application period opens and closes.
- Check the taken characters and reserved list to be sure the character you wish to app is free. If you're not sure whether your character is taken, you may e-mail an inquiry to the mods.
- If you haven't already, create a Dreamwidth account for your character. It MUST contain a completed profile page with the following information:
- Your character's name;
- at least one icon or photo of your character;
- a brief description of your character (physical traits, special skills, their canon point, etc.) and some basic information about your character's world, OR a link to a navigation post with this information;
- a link to a contact post, plus at least one other preferred means of contact (such as an e-mail address, Plurk handle, AIM, etc.);
- a disclaimer, such as the following: "This is an unofficial fan account created for the purpose of role playing at ten_fwd; I am not [character], who is the property of [writer/creator/themselves/etc.]. No copyright infringement is intended, and no profit is being made."
This criteria must be met in order for your application to be approved.
- Write your application, and post it to your character journal. Your application MUST contain the following:
- Your name and/or on-line pseudonym
- Your e-mail address
- The full name of the character you're apping and their journal
- The canon your character is from (if you are apping an OC, you may skip this)
- a written essay no less than 300 words but no greater than 1000 about your character, why you are apping them, what you intend to do with them, et al. Note: if you are apping an OC or an AU character, your essay should be a minimum of 800 words and contain character background and world-building. This is important, as it will help us determine whether your character is a full-fledged person or not.
- a writing sample (your sample should be a minimum of 300 words or 10 tags per character long, and can be anything from a sample entry post to a test thread)
To see an example of an established canon character app, click here; to see an example of an original or AU character app, click here. To make apping easier, templates for both applications are available below; just copy&paste them into your journal and fill them out per the requirements listed. If you are screening your application so only the mods can see it, be sure you friend ten_fwd_mods.
Template for Established Canon Characters: Template for Original or AU Characters:
- Once you've completed your application, go to the OOC community and look for the open apps post. Leave a comment there with your name, e-mail (note: if you have apped more than one character, you MUST use the same e-mail for all of them; this is partly how we keep track of character limits and who plays whom), the character you're apping, and a link to your app. You may also leave any special requests or remarks, as comments will be screened. The current open apps post can be found here.
Template for Commenting on the Open Apps Post:
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be asked to: 1) send a request to join ten_fwd. Please be sure you are logged in as the character you are apping (you will also want to join ten_fwd_ooc, with whichever account you check regularly); 2) leave a comment on the taken characters post with the character you've apped. Please also mention if this was a reserved character. The mods will remove the character from the reserved characters page and add you to the cast list.
Applications will be reviewed at the end of the open app cycle, and either approved or declined within two weeks. The mods reserve the right to decline any application with reasonable cause. If you have any questions, e-mail us at tenforwardmods (at) gmail (dot) com.
You MUST complete all these steps for your application to be approved.